Since MDH has to spend some of our time there working we can charge most of our expenses to the company trough. Hurray! It's what my darling calls a "boondoggle".
Meanwhile, in my absence, I give you the gift of music, via the meme that Constant Drama, that sweet young thing, tagged me for last week. I started filling it out and feeling very old and noticed that my answers were lacking lustre. I decided to spice things up a bit (and because I'm still not over the thrill of having my iPod safely returned from being repaired) and use musical answers from the shuffle feature of my iPod, as in a similar meme I posted on Monday.
This time, however, there is a new and experimental element I've added just for YOU. I've uploaded the musical answers to a file sharing thingy and hopefully you'll be able to click on them and actually download and listen to the songs as you please.
Hope it works! If not, would you please let me know in the comments?
Many thanks to BeckEye from The Pop Eye for inspiring me to try.
Jack Nicholson. MDH and I watched The Shining.
I Can't Tame Wild Women, by the Hotclub of Cowtown
2. What were you doing at 0800?
I’ve got cotton candy between my ears and find that time reference baffling. So I was either, sleeping, reading, cooking or watching TV.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
I was reading blogs, which is how I stumbled across the fact that I had been tagged.
4. What happened to you in 2006?
I’m old and have a hard time remembering that far back, but I’m sure I was sitting on a lot of airplanes.
That Girl by Stevie Wonder
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
“That’s not for kitties!”, when the cat tried to eat my cottage cheese.
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Two cups of coffee and a glass of water.
7. What colour is your hairbrush?
Which one? I’ve got 6.
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
This morning I bought 3 city issued bulk garbage tags. My life is THAT exciting.
9. Where were you last night?
Home with my bum firmly planted on the sofa.
10. What colour is your front door?
It’s oak with stained glass in an Arts & Crafts pattern.
11. Where do you keep your change?
On the bedroom floor, wherever it lands after it falls out of my pockets, or the dryer.
12. What's the weather like today?
Gray, cold and dismal.
13. What's the best ice-cream flavour?
I cannot say what’s the best, but my favorites are banana and pistachio.
14. What excites you?
The current season of Project Runway, getting free shampoo samples in the mail, finding a good parking spot.
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Not myself, no. That would just look crazy.
16. Are you over the age of 25?
I’m 40 and a half.
17. Do you talk a lot?
Not anymore as these days I am often alone. These days I’m typing more than I’m talking, but I can chew the ear off of strangers at the check out register at the grocery store.
18. Do you watch the O.C?
I do not. I do however watch The Real Housewives of Orange County on Bravo.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
20. Do you make your own words?
Yes. It started with my sister when we were little. She couldn’t say God Bless You when someone sneezed so we started saying “Ooh Shom-blay-shen”, and it stuck.
21. Are you a jealous person?
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'A'.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'K'.
Kelly with the beautifully trained operatic singing voice.
24. Who's the first person on your received call list?
My cousin Julie
I have never used text messaging because I am old.
26. Do you chew on the straw?
27. Do you have curly hair?
My hair is poker straight.
28. What's the next place you're going to?
The powder room.
29. Who's the rudest person in your life?
My brother in law, Knucklehead.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
A Rosemary & Olive Oil Tricuit with a little cottage cheese on it.
31. Will you get married in the future?
It is my goal not to, unless MDH and I renew our vows or something.
32. What was the best movie you've seen in past 2 weeks?
I rewatched The Shining last night, and watched Topsy-Turvy last week.
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
I have no idea how a married woman over the age of 35 should answer this question.
Bullet by Frank Black & The Catholics
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
Two hours ago.
35. Are you currently depressed?
36. Did you cry today?
37. Why did you answer and post this?
Because I like Constant Drama and wouldn't want to let her down.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this.
And there you have it. Whew! Putting all these links in here took me a long time so it better have worked. I probably won't share this many songs at the same time again.