Thursday, December 6, 2007

If You Can't Say Anything Nice

or mean,
or funny,
or inspiring,
then post a YouTube video of a band you worshipped when you were 20.

Throwing Muses - Garoux des Larmes, Live in London 1991


The video is of pretty poor quality, but I heard this song in my sleep and wore out the cassette. There weren't any other girl muscians making this kind of noise at the time and I thought they were amazing.

I saw them the year before in Columbus on the corner of High & Blake called Stache & Little Brothers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting choice.
I have heard of them being it that I used to hang out in the more underground circles. Still do...and while a metal head for life, I am familiar with lots of other stuff and have supported some of the local punk, rock-a-billy, and blues bands in this area.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Evil - a lot of people hated them and mainly the sound of the lead singers voice and her seagull impersonation. MDH and I are big into rock-a-billy, especially so when we lived in Ohio.

paperback reader said...

I liked Kristin Hersh, and I remember watching her play "Your Ghost" on 120 Minutes and thinking she was rocktastic but probably crazy.

In other words, like most of the women I've dated.