I may soon have a new moniker since my new almost job is a weird shift, noon to 8:45pm.
I'm feeling all weirded out, because I've been job hunting for so long and this is the first time I've had a second call back for anything. Things are moving really fast too. The possible boss dude called me Friday to interview yesterday and then called me again 2 hours after my interview to come back in today to meet with the rest of his team and sit in and observe some of the work they do.
Noon to 8:45pm.
I'm trying to reconcile this shift. It's non- negotiable and it's not rotated with any of the other team members.
Why it may suck:
- I won't be able to cook dinner every night.
- By the time I get home it will be almost time for bed.
- I won't be able to do stuff in the evenings on week nights, like go to the theater or out to dinner. (Yes, because we do these things sooo frequently now...)
- It's kind of a step down career wise from my previous job.
- I will be kicked back out into the world and forced among people again.
- I will no longer be a lady of leisure.
- I will have bathe and put on clothes every day.
- Since I would be surrounded by other people, I will no longer be able to amuse myself by farting and belching really loud whenever I feel like it and then giggling to myself. Technically, I suppose I could still keep doing it, but I would really like to be a team player and for the other people to like me.
- I'll have to shave my legs sometimes.
- I will have less time to spend with MDH.
- I will have to spend less time with MDH.
- It's a job.
- The money is very good and in fact much better than what I was making before when I was traveling all over hell's half acre.
- I'll get to sleep in my own bed every night.
- We may lose weight since I'm not cooking dinner every night.
- I'll have time to work out every day before work.
- I'll have the option of sleeping in should the mood strike me.
- I won't have to deal with rush hour traffic.
- Showering and getting dressed every day and not giggling at my own loud flatulence may improve my sex life.
- It seems like very easy work compared to what I was doing before.
- I will be forced back into the world and out among people again, providing me with an never ending supply of blog fodder.
- It's a job.
- I can buy shoes again. (DSW, here I come!)
- I can buy potions again. (I'm sure Lancome and Keihls have missed me.)
- We can finally get a goddamn house keeper.
- We're finally going to buy some living room furniture.