Friday, October 19, 2007

Skills To Pay The Bills

You know, by the Beastie Boys? That's the song that came onto my iPod when I turned into the parking lot where I had my job interview today. It was so perfect and exactly what I needed to hear. How does my iPod do that? It's like a shiny rectangular mind reader.

Well, sometimes.

The interview went really great and I've already got another set up for Monday, so I felt better than I have in months, but as I was leaving my iPod played On Your Own by Blur, and I don't know how the hell to interpret that. Maybe I should be nicer to my husband.

PS - I'm so nutty I selected the wrong photo to upload, but it's kinda cool so I'm leaving it there.

6 comments:

The Guv'ner said...

a)The photo will give me nightmares much like clowns give me nightmares
b) Blur playing on your iPod means the apocalypse isn't quite COMING but it's getting closer by the day
c) If Oasis are next duck and cover (Those Gallaghers are MEAN)

The Guv'ner said...

oh and CONGRATS on the interview!!!!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Guv - I don't even know where that scary photo came from. Not a Blur fan, eh? I'm probably too old to like Blur, but I do. Really any Damon Albarn project.

and thanks I've been waiting a long time for some employers to notice me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Congrats!

I just hired my friend at work. She'll be starting soon. We're both excited. She'll be a nice dose of needed sunshine to that department.

Churlita said...

Yea for you! I bet your husband doesn't bug quite as much when you work outside of your home and you don't feel like he's invading your territory by staying home.

Tara said...

Great job with the interview! Don't interpret the song, just enjoy the fact that the interview went well.