Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm In Love, I'm In Love, I'm In Love

With a wonderful boy... I keep having to remind myself of this today as yet again he has decided to work from home on a day that an employer has decided to call me. So I have had to wing it and be witty in an impromptu phone interview - away from the computer and fumble around like .... well I don't know what, but I hate being denied use of the computer on that day that I actually need it. Where were these people for the last two days while he was in Chicago? That's it. That's the right tack. I'll turn it around and blame my mood on the people who may possibly hire me.

No. That won't work. They have asked me to come in for an interview in about 2 and a half hours. I'm ready. I'm professional. I'm Johnny(ette) on flippin' the spot. Come in today? Sure! What time? That's no problem at all. But my darling has already asked me why I'm not getting in the shower this very minute and what I am going to wear. Don't let the end of this day find me finally, gainfully employed and yet widowed. I'd like remain happily married and also gainfully employed. Please?

He's wonderful, he cares about me, he smells nice, he thinks my butt is cute - that's me trying to pick a new mantra to help me get through this day.

Today I'm not even going to make his lunch. That'll teach him.

UPDATE 12:43PM - I've had a brilliant thought. Since he has been working from home on the only 2 days an employer has called me in 5 months (yeh, 5 months.) he should work from home EVERY DAY. My rate of return on resumes sent may drastically improve.

4 comments:

Tara said...

There, that'll fix him! Let him make his sandwich! :)

Best of luck with the job interview!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Tara - thank ya! I hear him this very minute making microwave popcorn.

Churlita said...

Maybe your husband is good job luck.

Good luck!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Hey Churlita - don't I know it? He is so cool and I'm so darn mean. I felt bad and brought him home a sandwich after my interview. Poor darling.