Monday, October 22, 2007

iPod Strikes Again

Interviews make me nervous. I'm pretty sure that it is normal and correct that they should. My 3pm interview gave me the opportunitiy to be nervous about it all damn day. My husband calling me all damn day asking me questions about my preparedness and quizzing me makes me want to stick a fork in his eye. I also think this is a normal and correct response to being hounded like a naughty 5th grader. My poor darling, he can't help himself. He's the dramatic one in the family. I'm the stoic one.

If you were to see me, like him you'd think I didn't really care. I'm pretty composed and self contained most of the time. I'm like that when I'm drunk too. You probably wouldn't guess that I was hammered. But trust me, just because I'm not pacing the floors doesn't mean I'm not nervous. In here, in my blathering head there is non stop chattering between my ears. I'm nervous.

Wouldn't you know it that my iPod once again read my mind and knew exactly the song I needed to hear while I was driving to my interview?

Zoloft, by Ween

Here is a video of it so that you too may enjoy the tranquility and peace of mind only a song about drugs can give you.

10 comments:

minijonb said...

i haven't listened to Ween in ages...

anyway, sending you some good interview karma.

Anonymous said...

To funny! Mine is currently on "random" and just played "We Are All On Drugs" by Weezer so I must have felt your vibes or something! Good luck though!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

minijonb - thanks! it was an ok interview and I'm now busy interpreting every nuance of the entire experience. It's so fun.
Thanks for the karma - I need it today.

Guv! that is odd - songs about drugs by bands starting with WEE
Thanks!

Some Guy said...

Ween is one of my top five favorite bands of all time. Thanks! I'd never seen the video.

Anonymous said...

hahahah. I was on zoloft twice. Once, for six months and it seemed to do the trick. The second time I was on it for over a year.

Bloody modern day life!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Chris - thanks for visiting! Ween and me go way back. They don't come up in the iPod rotation very often and today when I needed them they came thru.

Betty - I've never taken it, but I hear it can be pretty useful.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I JUST STUMBLED ONTO YOUR BLOG,, YOU JUST GOT STUCK ON THE FAV LIST... THANK YOU.. NOT DONE READING YET, NEED TO HIT YOUR ARCHIVES,, BUT DAMN THIS IS FUNNY

Superstar said...

job interviews are much like dating. You both put your best dress on. You both speak well, and offer the best qualities and talk about all the wonderful and bliss...

But I digress, so how was the interview?? Did you land the gig?

Family Adventure said...

Hope the interview went well. Now you get to wait for them to make the next step. Are we having fun yet?

:)

Heidi

Churlita said...

How sweet!