Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm Scintilla Goddammit!

The last time I dressed up for Halloween was 1999 - and here is a picture I found today. I had been dating MDH for about 3 weeks and being seriously smitten with him was more open-minded about doing things I don't normally do, like attend sporting events and wear costumes in public.

MDH dressed as "The Munchies" by making a poncho out of a red and white checked table cloth and gluing snack food to himself, and I, having drawn my typical costume blank, am supposed to be "Eurotrash". I was cute indeed, but what a stupid fuckin' costume. By the end of the evening MDH was picked clean of his snacks and ended up being the most popular guy at the party. I, on the other hand, became belligerent to anyone who looked even remotely like they were going to ask me what I was supposed to be. I eventually just started making shit up or naming characters from Fellini films.

Why have I drawn on his face (so artfully) using Paint? He has asked me not to put up pictures of him showing his full face. Besides I'm still a little miffed about how he hogged the office this week.

I'll be out for awhile as we are leaving tomorrow for the thriving metropolis known as Columbus, Ohio to visit some friends and take care of some business. Tomorrow night MDH and I are having dinner with our favorite couple-friends Dan & Steph. Then Friday night Amy, Becky and I are recreating Girl's Night, without the smokes. I'm beside myself with glee!

Becky, if you are reading this Dan will be attending Girl's Night and you can yell at me about it later. Just like old times.

UPDATE 10-24-07 2:04 PM: I'm having second thoughts about defacing my husbands photograph and am now torn about whether or not it is more disrespectful to deface his picture or to put his un-marred picture up after he asked me not to. At this point though, when I look at the defaced picture up top it is making me laugh so I think I'll leave it up.



UPDATE 10-24-07 2:15 PM: I suddenly remembered that this picture was already on the internet somewhere else - therefore all bets are off with the face. So here is the real picture and I'll leave the defaced picture up because it's still making me laugh. I win all the way round!

UPDATE 10-24-07 2:53 PM: I've danced the hokey-pokey with this post and put it up and taken it down over and over again. This is it - I'm putting it back up, leaving MDH's face drawn upon and taking his word for it when he said he'd never read my blog anyway. You'll just have to take my word for it that he looked really cute that night.

11 comments:

Churlita said...

You were the most adorable piece of Euro Trash I've ever seen.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Churlita - you are very sweet! I think it was the false eyelashes that put my cuteness quotient over the top. I should wear them every day.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

and the feather boa is hiding all my chins

Ms. Laaw-yuhr said...

I love the pic with your drawing on it. It makes him look like SeƱor Munchies!

And I think you look good as Eurotrash - it's very early days of Alias when Jennifer Garner was always in disguise as Eurotrash.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Law - I know! Senor Munchies! I couldn't bring myself to not post it. I've never seen alias, but you've made me feel less stupid. Thanks!

The Idea Of Progress said...

I think it makes him look like Salvadore Munchies.

Superstar said...

That is hysterical.

I often freak out about the whole anonymoty issue...then again, I am just not that popular.

LOL ;o)

You can go as a serial killer, using small boxes of ceral on overalls, and blood splatter...LOL ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your blog. You got class.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Idea - I'm pretty sure comments like yours and Laaw-yuhrs are likely the reason Alan doesn't want me to put his picture on the internet. I'm also pretty sure he wouldn't want me to draw a mustache on him either. But your comments both made me laugh very hard. And after all that's what this blog is about. Keeping ME entertained.

Superstar - I only freak out about anonimity when I think about my mom reading this. Otherwise there's not much on this blog I wouldn't say in person and probably had already. Alan is misguided and thinks that I'm spewing up rabid details about our sex life.

Dick - Welcome! I like it too. It reminds me of a dirty joke my WWII Vet uncles might have said around the poker table. I got something, and I'm glad your interpretation of it is class.

Julie Pippert said...

I get that with my costumes a lot, LOL.

But his costume is great!

Julie
Using My Words

paperback reader said...

Dudes were probably just mad you weren't scantily clad enough.