1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog; include a visual illustration if you’d like
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
When you add together how much I love to go on and on about myself and the somewhat flowery nature of my writing style this meme is is going to be a little challenging for me.
In order to pare things down appropriately I've decided that my 6 word memoir will only cover up to age 4.
It's OK because a lot happened.
1. Abandoned - at 6 months old left by my biological mother on my dad's doorstep with a paper grocery sack filled with diapers and baby clothes.
2. Bounced - my dad couldn't take care of me either so I lived with a bunch of different relatives until he could get settled.
3. Dragged - when my dad wasn't working he wanted to spend time with me so took me with him everywhere he went, mainly to bars and poker games and never to a lecture. I was like a tiny drinkin' buddy. (See picture above)
4. Adopted - my dad and I were a package deal so when he met my mom she legally adopted me. It's probably the best thing that could have happened for both me and my dad. My mom is pretty awesome.
5. Meltdown - I had a hard time adjusting to our new "normal" life style and made life very difficult for my mom.
6. Sister - Things calmed down after my sister was born and we were like a real family.