In the process though I ended up listening to snippets of quite a lot of my music. I tend to focus intently on this kind of activity and lose track of time and things that are going around me. I forget to eat (hence my handle and why I don't own a game system) and go to the bathroom etc..
When I woke up from this task a few hours had gone by and my nose was all sniffly and I noticed a pile of wet kleenex next to the keyboard. I had been crying off and on throughout the entire thing. Weird. But not because I was particually sad or anything like that but because of the music. I scrolled back through the list of songs that I had been dicking around with and listening to and it made sense.
Here in sort of alphabetical order by artist (according to the file names not the iTunes names) is a list of songs that make me cry like a baby girl baby even if I just hear a snippet:
- Until You Come Back To Me - Aretha Franklin
- Prettiest Eyes - Beautiful South
- Must I Paint You A Picture - Billy Bragg
- Hesitating Beauty - Billy Bragg & Wilco
- Sad Songs & Waltzes - Cake
- Heaven - Cigar Store Indians
- Mint Car - The Cure
- American Dreaming - Dead Can Dance
- Our Love Is Here To Stay - Dinah Washington
- Squeeze Me - Dinah Washington
- Man Out Of Time - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
- Tampa - Gipsy Kings
- Polkadots & Moonbeans - Hot Club of Cowtown
- Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans - Miss Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
- Horizon - Let's Active
- Wildwood - Paul Weller
- The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues
- You're My Best Friend - Queen
- I was going to say Grey Gardens, but the entire fucking Poses album makes me cry - Rufus Wainwright
- Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder
- In Love For The First Time - The Style Council
- You're The Best Thing - The Style Council
- World Before Columbus - Suzanne Vega
- Earn Enough For Us - XTC
I'm sure there are plenty more, these are just the ones I just happen to listen to today.
Oh yeah, enjoy the picture at the top of the pretty floating lady. She makes me cry too if I look at her long enough.