Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Deep Dark Depression, Excessive Misery

Gloom, despair and agony on me.

I didn't get the job.

Not only that, but I was informed of it via automated robo-email sent to my gmail account. We appreciate your interest... careful consideration... decided on another candidate. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I see these people every day and have known them for almost a year and they couldn't even be bothered to send me a real email? Motherfuck. It was so impersonal. I cried when I read it. I might cry again thinking about reading it. Bastards.

So I remain a temp. (An angry temp.)

All I can think of is Bag O'Mice, my monumentally stupid old man past retirement age co-worker. How has someone like him remained gainfully employed for so long? We're talking over 30 years. He is a very stupid man.

Do you know I walked into the break room the other day and found him leaning down, with his face almost pressed against the window of the microwave staring at his lunch spinning round and round? He was riveted.

14 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Hang in there.

Renaissance Woman said...

Oh hell! These people are stupid! First, it is sooo their loss. Secondly, who the hell turns somebody down that way? Im so sorry...you deserve better!

SkylersDad said...

Don't let it get you down, keep trying.

They will realize how valuable you are, or someone else will!

WendyB said...

Do you want me to beat some bitches' asses for you? Because I will.

Anonymous said...

Those asses. They probably preferred someone with no free will that they could robotize and will no doubt give the job to some nimrod halfwit who'll screw it up. By then you'll have a better job and you can drive past their office and moon the shit out of them.

No?

Sorry, dude.

Del-V said...

You should have acted less competent than you really are and I bet you would have gotten the job. Half-wits don't like to be outshined by new hires. Take it from me. I work for the Government.

Linka72 said...

Those fuckers.
Sadly, Del V is right..that's why I work about half as hard as I used to..corporate america..bastards.
Let's see, how can we make you feel better?? How 'bout leaving a steaming bag of shit in your interviewer's desk drawer over the weekend, and then on Monday you just casually walk by their office and say to no one in particular: What is THAT SMELL??Whew!!
Or you could just have a good cry and feel better in the morning..your choice.

Rachel said...

Those Rat Bastards!!!!!

I adore you and can't imagine anyone not hiring you.

Fuckin' idiotic bastards!!!

We need to get together and drown your sorrows.

Wanna go see Slumdog Millionaire this weekend?

Churlita said...

That sucks. If it would make you feel any better, I'd be happy to come to your office and slap some people up for you.

Chris the Hippie said...

That sucks. Truly.

rak said...

thanks for visiting me again :) it was really good to come here again and get a laugh. don't get me wrong, i'm really sorry you didn't get the job and that is NOT funny at all...but i sure do find the way you use the "f" word rather refreshing in a funny way :) now that we have a little one, i'm trying to watch "my language", but not sure i can give up the bad words altogether...they are irreplaceable.

Gwen said...

Dude, that sucks donkey balls. I'm sorry.

Quiet one said...

That sucks. Hand in there.

paperback reader said...

Well, what was he having for lunch? Salisbury steak can be pretty damn engrossing.

Sorry about the job. There was probably a hidden douchebag requirement they didn't tell you about.