Sunday, January 11, 2009

The World Should Revolve Around Me

I've always been a big fan of Imani Coppola. She writes songs, has a beautiful singing voice, plays the fiddle and her lyrics are always so clever and funny. Now she's doing this new thing called Little Jackie. Has anybody but me ever heard of this? These days I'm an old fart who doesn't get out much and don't listen to any radio other than NPR, so I have no idea what the kids are listening to these days. Not that I much care what the kids are listening to, but in case you give a shit, this is what I'm listening to.

Anyhoo... I downloaded the album from iTunes this weekend and it has been my constant companion all weekend. I decided to see if there were any videos on YouTube and low and behold, there were. Here's one called The World Should Revolve Around Me, and to that I say, Amen sister...

7 comments:

Gwen said...

I love this song! It makes me dance in my chair.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I love this..cuz really, I thought the world really did revolve around me!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I am crying, laughing at your comment on Zibbs' blog today about the Red Looney Toons monster. I forgot exactly what Bugs says to him-until I read your comment. "monsters are so very interesting...bobby pins please."
Classic. Thanks for the laugh.

BTW-I saw your face at Sephora the other day-on my Benefit lipstick;)

Renaissance Woman said...

I'm dancing girl! Fun song.

Linka72 said...

Damn!! That site is blocked here so I have NO idea what you are talking about..but If I was at home, I'd listen...boo hoo

NannyGarcia said...

I love her and this song!

Unknown said...

cool. I just ran over to I-tunes and bought some of her songs. I LOVE when people turn me on to new music.
Thanks.