Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sometimes It Is Simply Easier Not to Ask Why

I was trying to think of a clever way to let you know that I've posted over at Burt Reynolds Mustache today and this is the best that I could come up with:

Now imagine the effort that I took to follow through with this endeavor.

1. The battery was dead in the camera so I had to charge it first.

2. I had to enlarge the mustache graphic and print it.

3. The printer was low on ink, so I had to replace the cartridge.

4. I stood in front of the shower curtain of our master bathroom where the light is best, donning a cut out paper mustache that I had scotch taped to my face.

5. Now please re-read number 4 to fully grasp the idiotic nature of my little project.

6. I had to hurry and do all of these things before my husband came inside from slaving away outside doing yard work and caught me in the act of any of the items listed above, thus discovering the true nature of my ridiculousness, causing him to leave me for someone more mature.

7. I had to destroy the evidence.

After all that trouble I had no choice but to put the damn photo up, and just in case you want to play along:





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I am now starting to realize the true scope of your madness. I should not have doubted you when you mentioned it in the past.

You should have just made one with markers and cut it out, much easier than printing it.

The Eddie Murphy skit about Aunt Bunny just came to mind for some reason..."she's got a mustache".

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you are hilarious and loveable. Will go pop over at the 'stache. xx

- said...

i tried to do my own mustache, but my printer cartridge is stupid, so i cant :( i guess its been refilled one too many times. lame.

Renaissance Woman said...

You are so crafty...I would have just cut it out by and and colored. Hmmm, I probably wouldn't have followed through on the project. Glad you did and can't wait to see the post on 'stach.

Leonesse said...

They have pharmaceuticals for that. And wax.

SkylersDad said...

If you were truly committed to your craft, you would have drawn one on yourself with a black marker.

Gwen said...

I'm with Skyler's Dad - I would have just drawn one on myself and lived with it for the week it took to rub off.

Churlita said...

I think you're the only woman who could still look good with a mustache.

Tara said...

Wow that's awesome. Hehe. You went through a lot of work to please us and to send the message that it's your turn on Burt Reynold's Mustache. Thank you. :D

Unknown said...

I woulda just drawn on my face with a Sharpie. Damn- you is smart.

paperback reader said...

Hilarious. I wish I had that kind of follow-through. I would gotten halfway to thinking of step one and gone back to bed instead.

Linka72 said...

I swear I do number 6 at least 4 times a week..I can't bear to see the look on my husband's face when he catches me doing "dumb shit"...I too am afraid he'll leave me for someone more mature..but he'd be back, because I make good sandwiches.

Gwen said...

I hope you enjoy this as much as we enjoyed doing it. Thanks for making Monday fun again!

http://everythingilikecausescancer.blogspot.com/2008/05/lady-made-monday-fun.html

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Evil - I tried that, but my drawing skills are at about a toddler level, plus I found that handy cut out which was the catalyst for the whole project.

Kate - likewise.

Player - "A+" for effort. Stupid printers indeed.

R-woman - I am like a terrier when it comes to insane useless projects, and yet somehow I've never tackled refinishing our hard wood floors.

Leo - it's good practice for menopause.

Skydad - exactly - not committed to my craft, but I should probably be committed.

Gwen - the thought of that makes me laugh really hard.

Churlita - you may be the only one who would say that. Thanks!

Tara - I DID do it for you guys, my regular readers.

AGT - Maybe I'll start with my eyebrows and then draw on some Sharpie eyeliner.

Pistols - somehow I'm only able to follow through on the stupid stuff.

Linka - it's like I'm Lucy and he's Ricky and any minute I'll have "a lot of splaining to do!"

Gwen - I sure did. I enjoy all of your comments more than anything.

minijonb said...

what? ...you won't be walking around town wearing that?!? bummer.

Steph said...

You're seriously over 40? You look about 20. Is skipping lunch the new fountain of youth?

Leah said...

OMG woman that is too funny . . . and even more so because I can totally see you doing this!!!