Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's Crazy

I'm thrilled to bits to have been listed as one of Coaster Punchman's Crazy 8's, but disgraced and ashamed that I am only just now getting around to acknowledging being bestowed with this high honor.

In my defense I have been so busy at work the past 2 weeks that my eyes have barely been able to even graze the pages of my Google Reader.

What have I been up to, you might ask?

Remember last week when I told you that my contract was going to end forever in August? Well, I've been busily campaigning to get that new job (things are going really great so far although I have not yet been asked to interview) and at the same time I've been training my replacement - Norman Newguy.

Norm has practically been attached to my hip for a fortnight, which has been terribly uncomfortable as we are both married and he is freakishly tall.

I would like nothing better than to read your blogs, but Norm is always right there by my side. Even when I have safely tucked him in all snug and cozy in his own cubicle I still have no privacy because he is so monstrously tall that he can see right over the cube wall and I feel like he's always looking over my shoulder. It's maddening.

Anyhoo... Coaster Punchman named little ole me as one of his Crazy 8's and I should probably explain just what in the hell that means - so I'm going to paste the explanation:

“These bloggers are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

Nice eh?

Like I said, I'm honored.

Now comes the hard part - I have to choose only 8 bloggers to spread the Crazy 8 blog love. Difficult. I love you all so very much. If I've named you below won't you please accept a copy the pretty little graphic at the top of this post and name your own Crazy 8?

Here are my Crazy 8's:

Gwen - I love her. We are foul mouthed kindred spirits. If we lived closer to each other it could get scary.

CDP - One of the few bloggers out there that knows my secret real identity. She's a phenomenal writer - funny, honest, touching.

Tara - She is prolific, I can barely keep up, but she is so lovely and charming, I keep trying.

The Vegetable Assassin - I'm a new reader to her blog, but already a big fan. Not only does her handle have the word "ass" in it twice, but she is also hilarious and so relatable.

Chris Radloff - He writes what is on his mind and it is often insightful and lovely and causes me to walk away from the computer for a minute, find my husband and give him a big hug.

Sparsely Kate - A single mom on the other side of the planet from me who opens up and bravely shares her innermost, darkest thoughts and funniest insights. I'm always rooting for her.

Some Guy - It was his blog and his blogroll that started it all for me. I added his blog to my blog roll and mistakenly called it a "tag". So naive.

Pistols at Dawn - He makes me laugh out loud with nearly every post. That being said, I also want to hug him and shake him violently at the same time, but it would probably either cause him to get an erection or puke (or both) so I'll just shut up and keep laughing.

Update 10:23pm 3/22/09 -
After I hit the publish button yesterday morning I was unable to log back in long enough (due to spotty Internet service for which I blame the fucking college basketball tournament that everyone seems to be streaming online) to read any blogs or let any of the nice people in the list above know that they have been tagged. I was also unable to run a spell check and remove the word "erection".

Not having Internet service is a terrible pain in the ass, so to get my mind off of it I started doing laundry and making Kale and Chourico soup and forgot all about it until this very moment. I have since performed a spell check and decided to leave the word "erection" because it's 10:30 and I am too tired to worry about it anymore.

9 comments:

Some Guy said...

Wow! I had no idea. Thanks for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

God damn I could give you a big, chesty hug right now. That made me feel so honoured and happy. Thanks ya big spunk xx

Claire said...

Thank you so much! I'm very touched and honored. I'll have to pass this on...I tend to cop out with awards and just say "hey...this goes to everyone!"

- said...

training people is the worst. you should tell him to quit and then he will go away.

Anonymous said...

Why THANK YOU! You are a crazy lady which is why I always enjoy reading (and snorting) at you! :)

I need more Norm stories though. I know you have them. Please tell me he smells like cabbage and can belch like a bull frog.

Renaissance Woman said...

Ccongrats on the award! And thanks for sharing your top 8...I have new blogs to read.

Gwen said...

I LOVE this award!

Having just spent a weekend with Whiskeymarie I can honestly say that it really is a good thing that we all live far apart. Ooooh, my aching liver.

Dale said...

Great picks for your peeps and it's Norman Gentle you're training isn't it? After he was booted off American Idol, I guess he's had to face a few hard facts. Good luck with getting the job.

Coaster Punchman said...

That's ok - I was actually nominated for something by somebody like a year ago, and I was too busy to pass it on, as they say, and I was subsequently dropped from his blog roll. Arrgh.