Six months have gone by since Large Corporation gave me the old heave-ho because of their ridiculous policy that only allows contractors to stay for 18 months at a time. Six months is the amount of time that has to pass between my leaving and being eligible to work there as a contractor again.
They called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to come back and do my old job, and if so when could I start? I said let me just brush my teeth and I'll be down in about 20 minutes.
This time though it's going to be different:
- I'm not going to kid myself that they will ever hire me permanently.
- No matter what anyone there leads me to believe I will not get my hopes up that they will ever hire me permanently.
- Even though I found out that my good friend Hey Mr. DJ and that stupid old fart Bag O'Mice are retiring next month I will not get my hopes up that they will ever hire me permanently.
- I will passionately continue to seek full time permanent employment elsewhere because I know in my heart that they will never hire me permanently.
- I mean it.
- Fuck them.
- Now, where's my parking pass?