Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Large Corporation

(This photo is meant to represent eagerness)

Six months have gone by since Large Corporation gave me the old heave-ho because of their ridiculous policy that only allows contractors to stay for 18 months at a time. Six months is the amount of time that has to pass between my leaving and being eligible to work there as a contractor again.

They called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to come back and do my old job, and if so when could I start? I said let me just brush my teeth and I'll be down in about 20 minutes.

This time though it's going to be different:
  • I'm not going to kid myself that they will ever hire me permanently.
  • No matter what anyone there leads me to believe I will not get my hopes up that they will ever hire me permanently.
  • Even though I found out that my good friend Hey Mr. DJ and that stupid old fart Bag O'Mice are retiring next month I will not get my hopes up that they will ever hire me permanently.
  • I will passionately continue to seek full time permanent employment elsewhere because I know in my heart that they will never hire me permanently.
  • I mean it.
  • Fuck them.
  • Now, where's my parking pass?

14 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm glad those fuckers came crawling back to you.

Claire said...

That's seriously the dumbest-ass policy I've ever heard, and I've heard some dumb-ass policies.

Frenchie said...

Congrats, I guess!? I'm glad you have a job.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

WendyB - I would have rather been already employed elsewhere but it's better than a poke in the eye I suppose.

CDP - No shit. So useless. I wouldn't have minded staying on as a contractor this whole time, but they just threw me to the wolves.

Frenchie - no congrats just yet - nothing has been finalized ... but me too ;)

Renaissance Woman said...

I agree with WendyB. Love that they are crawling back. Make them work for you! Bastards!!

Del-V said...

Good job with the new (old) gig. I guess they need you more than they think.

SkylersDad said...

Whenever anyone asks you a question, no matter what it is, reply "That is best handled by a full time employee".

Maybe they will get a clue.

Anonymous said...

What sort of asshole policy is that? Maybe they keep contracting people so they don't have to pay benefits or something lame like that. I hope you get a kickass job a couple of weeks in and quit. Ha! Still, I'm happy you get to go somewhere familiar for now and earn money. But still. Asshole policies.

Churlita said...

Sooo, do you think there's any chance that they'll hire you permanently? Just kidding.

Congrats!

Churlita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Now you have to post a secret photo of Mr. Bag of Mice.

Juz said...

Fuck 'em!
Good luck!
J

Mnmom said...

Because of your common sense, realistic outlook, they should hire you permanently.

Tara said...

Well I am glad that they are smart enough to hire you back, but if they were really, really smart, they would drop that stupid policy and hire you on full-time and permanent with all the benefits, including a parking pass.